How to Change Your Visa to Non-B to Work in Thailand

Foreigners, you may be able to change your visa to Non-B to work in Thailand. This is available only to the people who entered the country with a Tourist or Transit Visa, or the ones who don’t need a visa and are permitted to stay here for 15, 30, or 90 days. The application to change your visa to Non-B to work in Thailand must be submitted at least 15 days before the expiration date of your permit of stay. If you are overstaying in Thailand, you may not apply.

Make sure you have an education certificate or work experience certificate issued by your former employers. The certificate(s) must be in Thai or English. If it is in other languages, it needs to be translated to Thai or English. It needs to be certified by the Embassy or Consulate of your country in Thailand and then take the certified copy to the Legalization Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand to certify also.

Apart from your education and/or work certificate, you will need copies of the bio-data page, last entry stamp page and last visa page of your passport and TM.6 departure card, one 2 inch size photo and THB 2,000 fee.

Now the most important thing is you need to have an employer-to-be who is a company with at least THB 2M capital and 4 Thai employees. They will have to provide their company documents, financial statements, tax returns, etc. to the Immigration Office when submitting your application. In case that company has already some expat employees, they need to have THB 2M and 4 Thai employees per expat.

Once your application is complete with all the needed supporting documents and accepted by the Immigration Officer, your Non-B visa will be approved in a few weeks. When it is stamped into your passport, it has 90 days and it shows the name of the company who is your employer-to-be. You will then be able to get your work permit with this company only and before the end of the 90 day period, you can extend your permit of stay to one year.

By the way, if you have an education visa, non-immigrant O visa or retirement visa, you cannot change your visa to Non-B to work in Thailand. Contact ThaiLawyers for your questions about Thailand Work Permit. We are experts in changing visas.

Leave a Comment